Last Wednesday was the second time I went to Benning St. Bar and Grill for trivia night. It is a BLAST! Teams compete to answer trivia questions. There are seven rounds, each round on a different topic. Examples of topics are:
- Name the song and artist
- Animations and cartoons
- Sports and games
- Name the movie from the movie poster
- And many others
I thought the animation and cartoon questions were great. And to think my parents said that watching cartoons was a waste of time. I knew they were wrong! The animation clips they asked questions about included:
- Bugs Bunny
- The Superfriends
- Spongebob Squarepants
- Buzz Lightyear
- Charlotte’s Web (I knew the answers to this one)
The question in the photo is:
1947-Who was the first black baseball player to play major league baseball?
I’m no sports wiz, but I did happen to know this one. Does anyone else know the answer?
While you are playing, be sure to order from the menu. Benning St has some good items to select from. Some of my favorites are:
- Jalapino and Cheddar stuffed burgers
- Benning St. Wings. be sure to try the fire sauce
- Chicken Fingers with a variety of sauces on the side.
- Buffalo chicken wrap
- Caesar salad with blackened chicken