It has been months since my last Blogpost. Since finishing my degree program at Franklin Pierce University I will have more time to write (in theory anyway). A project I had put on the back burner was a redesign of my personal Website.
This project had a couple major goals.
- Switch from using Microsoft Expression Web to Adobe DreamWeaver CS3.
- Create links in the navigation bar that went to photos, video and social networking site content rather than creating content in traditional Webpages.
This is a standards based Website using Cascading Style Sheets, Spry navigation menu’s and the Spry Accordion in the right toolbar. I also used the DreamWeaver “Image Viewer” control to create a Flash slide show.
I had fun making the banner image. I was able to experiment with making gradients in Photoshop in addition to using an extract filter to isolate objects from the background so they could be used in other graphics.